It’s fall, which means lots of fall veggies and comfort food! This week, we’re bringing you a frittata jam-packed with veggies (because micronutrients matter too) and a revamped, healthier bolognese for when you want to curl up in your pajamas with a bowl of carbs.
Both recipes, last our last duo of mouth-watering seafood dishes, are insanely easy to make with stuff you likely already have in the pantry. Eating healthy shouldn’t be boring or something you dread.
If you hate meal prep or dread dealing with raw meat we recommend using Trifecta A La Carte proteins, which will help you put both of these meals together (sans cook time) in less than 15 minutes. But you can easily substitute that for whatever kind of meat you have on hand or bought at the store.
SOUTHWEST SWEET POTATO FRITTATA
- 3 Trifecta Beef Patties
- 6 Whole Eggs
- 6 Egg Whites
- 1 ½ Cups Sweet Potato – Cubed
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion – Chopped
- 1 Cup Chopped Red Pepper
- 1 Cup Chopped Yellow Pepper
- Green Onions
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Paprika, Cayenne & Red Pepper Flakes
- In bowl, use your hands to break apart a Trifecta Beef Patties. Once the meat has been crumbled, add a 1 tsp of paprika, 1 tsp of cumin, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp of black pepper and a pinch of cayenne and mix together. Set this aside for later use.
- In a large oven safe sauté pan or Cast-Iron Skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of EVOO. Once EVOO is at temperature, add cubed sweet potato. Cook sweet potatoes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Then add chopped onion & bell peppers. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the sweet potatoes soft and can be cut through easily.
- Add seasoned beef and green onions to the skillet and mix with veggies. Heat for 2-3 minutes over low heat.
- Pour the scrambled eggs & egg whites over the vegetable/beef mixture and ensure it is covering the bottom of the pan and all the veggies. Once eggs are settled, do not mix and instead allow eggs to cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Then move skillet into an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top of the frittata is firm and the edges are golden brown.
Note: This recipes makes 5 servings which is perfect for weekday meal prep or a dish to serve at brunch!
Approximate Macros per Serving: Fat- 15g, Protein- 27g ,Carb- 14g, Calories – 305
- Trifecta Beef – 2 patties chopped
- Canned Crushed Tomatoes (and/or Trifecta Cherry Tomatoes)
- Small Can of Tomato Paste
- 1 Small Onion – Diced
- 1 Clove of Garlic – Minced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 Carrots – Chopped
- 2 Stalks of Celery – Chopped
- ¼ Cup Parsley – Chopped
- 4-6 Basil Leaves – Chopped
- ½ Tsp Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Carb – Zucchini Noodles/Pasta/Rice
- In a large sauté pan or Cast-Iron Skillet, heat 2 Tbsps of EVOO.
- With the oil heated to medium, add diced onion and garlic and sauté until onion is soft, then add the carrot and celery and a pinch of salt and sauté until carrots are softened.
- Add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and chopped Trifecta beef to the skillet and stir.
- Add chopped basil, oregano, ½ tsp of salt and black pepper and stir. Let sauce simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Serve sauce over zoodles, rice or pasta of your choosing and top with parsley and parmesan cheese.
This recipe makes 3 large servings. To stretch the recipe while also maintaining the protein, add an additional 1-2 beef patties.
Approximate Macros per Serving: Calories: 284, Fat- 12g Protein- 20g Carb- 23g *Note: The macros are an approximation for a single serving and will vary based on portion size, and any modifications. This calculation is only for the Bolognese sauce and not the additional carb.